“Empowering young people to be champions in life
through excellence in swimming”
The Dundee City Aquatics program is dedicated to providing opportunity and encouragement for all of its swimmers to make an uncompromised commitment to the pursuit of excellence and, through the process of striving to be the best that they can be, to acquire life enhancing attributes such as integrity, discipline, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Dundee City Aquatics emphasise individual growth and development. While winning remains our team objective, the swimmer's individual improvement is the primary focus. Sportsman-like behaviour is of equal importance. Respect for officials, congratulations to other competitors, encouragement to teammates, determined effort and mature attitudes are taught and expected. Swimmers are taught to set realistic but challenging goals for swim meets and to relate these goals to training efforts.
As with all organisations our team can be successful only if everyone is an active member and participates in all activities. We expect families to volunteer their time, energy and talents on behalf of the team.
Dundee City Aquatics, the “epicenter” of progressive competitive swimming in Central Scotland. We inspire team performance through individual excellence by engaging mind and body. Our model of excellence is built upon collaboration, innovation, and implementation and is embraced by our athletes, coaches, parents the competitive swimming community.
- To nurture the whole child at every age and, realising that each one is different, allow young people to develop as far as their dreams, talents, and efforts take them.
- To teach young people the process of achieving. To encourage them to dream, help them set worthy goals, promote a strong work ethic, provide support when they struggle, and inspire them to persevere until they succeed.
- To provide a level of coaching that will lead to the development of world-class swimmers, should they so aspire, while at the same time allowing beginning swimmers to develop character, self-confidence, and the love for the sport in an atmosphere of caring and consideration.
- To encourage parents to actively support both their child and the program as a whole, realising that their personal investment is a key ingredient to a young person’s success in any endeavor.
- To provide the community and the swimming world with young people who are becoming the best they can be—as individuals, students, citizens, and athletes.
The club was formed by the merger of two of Dundee's existing swimming clubs, City of Dundee and Dundee Arnhall on 1st January 2007. Read more here.